About trying to raise a boy with Autism and ADHD whilst keeping a sense of humour.

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Mumvember.

So I was having a quiet afternoon trying to avoid meltdowns over not wanting the lunch I prepared earlier (he fell asleep before lunch) when I stumbled across an amazing idea on twitter called MUMvember. If the men can have Movember, why not have something fun for us mums too.





So I did a little bit more of a dig around on facebook, and what came up was the Kidspot story about it. I read the list and thought why not!



So here is the list:



Tonight was have a picnic dinner. So we did. I was going to do something with mince, but it just did not go with a picnic theme (burgers are out here) so I went and looked in the fridge and pantry. What spells picnic more than a Zucchini slice. So when John called to say he was picking up a couple of things on the way home I got him to grab a salad mix too.

Thomas and I went about setting up for the picnic. We swept the deck, laid out the rug and table cloth. placed down the outdoor pillows.





Then Thomas decided that we had to use the Tupperware bowls and Ikea cutlery. Awesome.

So we cooked the slice up And yes Thomas helped me in the prep! and waited for John to get home.






And in the end it worked well!


Sorry for the poor pic, taken with the cracked iPhone's front camera.


Millie guarding the Picnic.


Tomorrows challenge it no yelling or screaming. Wish me luck, lots of coffee and loads of patients.

No comments:

Post a Comment