About trying to raise a boy with Autism and ADHD whilst keeping a sense of humour.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

MUMvember day 2

Ok so today is all about not yelling a screaming at your children. I woke up with wonderful intentions. Started out fantastic, no really he slept until after 6:00am. This in it's self is absolutely AMAZING!

But today also meant sleep clinic. No day care, no normal routine. We all know that these children thrive on routine. Today it was broken.

So how did the not yelling a screaming go? Well not so great. But I am not surprised there. A minor incident by 7:30am saw me raise my voice. Then by 9am he was really pushing buttons, ignoring my repeated requests (this is completely normal here) and just being politely defiant. (Is new phrase is No thank you when asked to do something.) And out came the first true yell.

Opps, the halo slipped. The perfect mum image went flying out the window. I guess a girl can dream in hope that one day I will be the perfect Christian mum who never yells and raises their voice. But honestly some days here I have to. So the picture of the day is this:



3 comments:

  1. The chase for perfection is something we all do. It's unrealistic though. It's ok to slip sometimes, because it means you're human.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I yelled at my daughter too. Well raised my voice. But I think the brilliant thing was that we were consciously parenting. I think that in itself is a beautiful thing.

    I thought of you yesterday. I hope it all went well.

    I also hope you manage to take a time-out today. x

    ReplyDelete