About trying to raise a boy with Autism and ADHD whilst keeping a sense of humour.

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

OMG what happened???

This is what I have been facing every where I go lately. Because currently I am the bionic mum. I have a special brace from my arm pit to wrist.


This is all becuase I am raising Thomas. Yes, being the mum to Thomas comes with loads of joy, but occasionally pain. A month or two ago when Thomas was allowed to be in our bed he jumped on my wrist hyper extending my elbow over the edge of the bed. OUCH is not the word. I have damaged the ligaments.

So yes. What happened. Thomas happened. Raising a child with an ASD is like training for the Marathon of your life. It is exhilarating, but it has it's painful moments. You push through them and never give up. Because you simply can't. You don't get to rest. So instead you modify and recover slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment