About trying to raise a boy with Autism and ADHD whilst keeping a sense of humour.

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

More amusing conversations

J: Thomas can you hop down from the chair.
T: I don't Like too (insert whiny voice.).
J: Little Princess hop down off the chair now!
T: I am not a Little Princess.
(For those who are not familiar with Little Princess, it is a show on ABC 4 Kids on channel 22. She is a whiny little princess who is spoilt rotten and I swear she is totally on the spectrum!)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

J: What day is it tomorrow Thomas?
T: School day.
J: Well done Thomas.
T: Mummy it is a your time day too.
M: yes Thomas who are right.

(On certain Thursday's there is a program for parents at the Early intervention unit called My Time. The parents go off to another room/building and have an education session whilst extra carers take care of the children. It also means we can have a hot coffee and a break too.)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Every day Thomas astounds me with the information he knows and the conversations we have. He is so adamant as well about the things he knows. This week we had a new respite carer, who obviously had not been exposed to a child with Aspergers before. I could see she was constantly comparing her son and Thomas. But was amazed at how well he could hold a conversation with me and how much he could tell her about the animals we were looking at. Gosh I love having a little professor some days.

No comments:

Post a Comment